School Wellbeing Support for Parents/Carers
Do you or your family need any additional support?
At Grace Mary Primary School we have a fantastic Wellbeing Team in place for both parents/carers and pupils to access support, advice and guidance. As a school we have achieved ‘The Sandwell Wellbeing Charter Mark’, which is a public commitment to actively promote mental health and wellbeing through school. Most recently, we have been awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark which recognises the ongoing commitment by schools to provide the very best education for all children, irrespective of differences.
Advice and support is confidential, although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance to the schools Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Support for families could involve the below but could also cover ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in-between:
- General advice and support
- Supporting with family stresses e.g. bereavement, financial hardship, housing issues, mental health wellbeing and more
- Support good attendance
- Promoting self esteem and confidence
- Direct work and interventions with children, as appropriate
- Supporting positive behaviour and routines within the home
- Supporting with appointments
- Support with school uniform (School holds Nearly New and New uniform available to all families for a small charge - 50p (Nearly New) or a £1.00 (New)
- Providing financial support, food vouchers and food bank support
- Supporting with Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy referrals
- Signposting to services who can provide further support e.g. local Children’s Centres, Early Help support, Wellbeing Hub, Family Information Service Hub, and Sandwell Family Life
- Parenting support / strategies and supporting resources
Our list is ever growing and if we don't know the answer, we will know someone that does, so please contact us over any matter that you think we can help with.
Where to find the team?
Please ask to speak to one of the team through the school office please pop in or call us on 01384 255910.
Mrs Smith is on the top gate most morning to stop and speak to. Mrs Willetts is on the bottom gate mid-week to stop and speak to.
If you do wish to discuss a more sensitive matter or do not wish to speak in person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If we as a school can support you, your children or family in any way, please contact us.
We are here to help
Helpful links and resources
It is important that you look after your own and your children's physical and mental wellbeing. Children with high levels of wellbeing are better learners. Below you will find more information on how you and your family can take care of yourselves and have fun!
Importance of sleep (NHS) A relaxing bedtime routine is one important way to help your child get a good night's sleep.
Change for life provides a variety of advice for families with children, from healthy eating to increasing exercise.
Cosmic Kids provides yoga and mindfulness videos for children.