Sports Premium Reports
PE & Sports Funding
The Sports Premium Grant is money provided directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools, which have the freedom to choose how they do this. Every school is given a lump sum and additional payments based on pupil numbers.
Grace Mary Primary School use the premium to:
1. To improve the quality of PE already in place in school.
2. To ensure that all pupils improve their health, sports skills, emotional well-being and physical aptitude.
3. To increase participation levels in both extra-curricular and competitive sport, involving pupil teams
4. To give all pupils an opportunity to experience a wide range of sporting activities throughout the year.
5. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
The National Curriculum aims are for all children:
To be physically active, working towards a target of 30 minutes activity during and after the school day (excluding general playtimes)
To excel in a broad range of activities
To engage in competition
To lead healthy lifestyles